Starbucks Black Bottom Cupcakes
Makes: 36 - Ready In: Under 60 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- dash salt
- 1 small bag milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and cream cheese. Mix in the egg and salt. Now stir in chocolate chips. Set the filling aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Next add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half full with chocolate batter. Drop about a generous teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on the top of each in the middle.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes. About 10 minutes into baking, sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top of each cupcake.
- Makes three dozen.